This is a recipe I’ve previously posted on a tumblr blog but thought I’d add here for completeness as I will post all new recipes here.
I came up with this recipe when we had friends coming round for a meal. Despite it being far healthier than many cheesecakes, everyone devoured it 🙂 An added bonus for me is the baked texture and that it feels dense like a “proper” cheesecake. It is also very filling from the protein content.
Let me know of any adaptations or improvements 🙂
- 85g almond butter
- 100g ground almonds (almond flour)
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- Juice and zest of one lemon, plus 4 tbsp lemon juice
- Juice and zest of one lime, plus 1 tbsp lime juice
- 500g quark
- 340g Total Greek Yoghurt 0% (sure other versions would be fine)
- Two medium eggs
- Two egg whites
- 100g (3 scoops) of Creamy Vanilla Casein (I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard)
- Mix all base ingredients together until they form a kind of dough.
- Flatten into the base of a springform tin or pie/flan dish with removable side. Mine was 9 inch diameter.
- For the cheesecake part, mix all the other ingredients together, stir, pour on top of the base and bake in an oven at 160°C for 30 to 40 minutes.
Serve with the zest of another lime for added wow factor!